Vasectomy Information Forums Post vasectomy pain question

Post vasectomy pain question

Please note that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors, and you should not rely on advice or opinions given by other visitors. Always speak to your doctor before acting. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.


  • Retired account

    I am a 33 year old. I have had a vasectomy on my right testicle 1 year ago. I am still in chronic pain to the point where I can no longer work. I had the left testicle removed in 2005 due to a serious infection. I now have 2 lumps on the remaining testicle and the testicle feels raw on the inside. I am at my wits end as no Doctor will make a decision as to what is the way forward. I have been to the Urologist, Pain Specialist, GP, on many occasions. I have been told there are 3 possible options which may help i.e nerve block, anesthetic injections and lastly a vasectomy reversal. I have been told all three options carry awful possible side effects. I really need something done asap as my quality of life is very poor managing constant pain.

    Dr. Edward Karpman

    Surgical treatment is the next step in the algorithm for chronic testicular pain refractory to conservative management. If chronic testicular pain is related to a vasectomy, surgical options have been shown to be effective in treating this condition. Vasectomy reversal, epididymectomy and de-nervation of the spermatic cord have all been shown to be successful in up to 88% of patients undergoing these procedures. Please see the answer to an earlier question.

    All three procedures are done on an outpatient basis and are relatively safe procedures with minimal risks outside the general risks associated with any type of procedure. However, patients with a solitary testicle risk the ultimate complication of losing the remaining testicle. This would obviously make a man dependent on hormone therapy for the rest of his life. Patients should always try to be treated by an urologist who specializes in microsurgery to obtain the best possible results.

  • The topic ‘Post vasectomy pain question’ is closed to new replies.

More from the forums